View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #15
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
Well it seems kind of counter productive. Wearing earplugs. to lessen the noise then turn the radio up so you can hear it over the noise, and through the earplugs

I wear earbuds when I ride to block out the noise and I can still listen to music at a very low volume (first or second notch on my ipod) and still hear what is going on around me, (cars passing, etc.) just no wind.

It seems like everyone is ganging up on you, but please don't be offended. It seems everyone has different opinions from your own. The beauty of the situation is your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to accessorizing your bike (until your accessories become a safety hazard to others of course).

I found the (near) perfect setup to be earbuds that fit tightly in your ear, ipod in my pocket or tank bag, and this little remote to allow me to control the music if I need to (stop it when travelling through town, or at a light, etc.). You can also get one that displays track information, but I didn't think that was worth the extra money.
Thank you. I know my opinion is the only thing that really matters. That's why I don't really care if people walking down the street or the cagers next to me at a traffic light don't like my music or think im trying to show off, etc that should'nt even be a concern.
I just really cant believe a greater percentage of riders on the road that wear earbuds would or have gone the extra yard that you have to improve their safety and the safety of those around them. Maybe that's why I'm so passionate about this one. This system is pretty neat because it has a remote like that.

Well in the end it is a law in most places for a reason. If you can only hear your music something is wrong. So please all that wear headphones keep this in mind.

BTW I own a cammy to
Buffalony is offline   Reply With Quote