Thread: Music anyone?
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #22
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

No No. I'm actually having a good time with this one aswell.

It's funny how you read so far into everything I say. I am all about safety on this one. Believe me. Listening at a reasonable volume is my stand point.

I wear ear plugs because of the wind distorting my hearing. It rattles my ears. This happens because of the way it strikes the outer edge of ones ear canal. You really don't have to use plugs to stop this from happening. They just stay in place much better. You could take two little pieces of tissue and put them in your ears and it will do the same thing with out blocking out as much road noise..until they work their way out of course.
I have a sample bag of plugs from work and I prefer the 18db because they stay in my ears and they obviously don't block out as much of what's going on around me. They were the lowest rating I had in the bag. If I had lower I'd use those. What ever stops the wind from grazing across my ear canal and stays there is All I need.

""Just because I mentioned a Goldwing doesn't mean I think your old, don't let yourself fall into the stereotype ploy you mentioned.""

Maybe you weren't the first to say something to me along this line or even the second. Sorry I tend to stray away from the crowd

I didnt even think for a sec you thought I'm old...my age is public.
It's not really a stereotype when almost every goldwing or harley tourer you see on the road is being operated by an older fellow! That's closer to fact.
Soooo say if I were lucky enough to afford a cross country road trip and didnt have to work at my age any longer I would probably be south on a goldwing myself instead of being where WE are right now..In fridged weather, not on my bike.
So these things are why I took your comment the way I did.
But in the end I simply don't understand "In this day and age why should external stereos have to be touring specific any longer?"
If most bikes offered a stereo option from the factory, I think it would'nt take too long for the general public to just accept it as being a normal thing. Just like it is already accepted with the touring class. You kind of accept it(As you've proven)

""Fast cars don't need stereo's because stereo equipment adds weight and does nothing for performance. Fast car drivers, real ones and no Vin Deisel doesn't count, don't need the distraction while driving fast. If your a Fast and Furious fan or you drive a "fast" Honda Civic with a big stereo I'm sorry if I offended again.""

Obviously I meant a street legal vehicle!

1) Exactly, leave the earbuds at home and wear earplugs to protect your ears. Use earphones as an alternative to hear music where it is legal.
2) Only if the stereo is off, otherwise they my be running you over before you hear them, or you may mistake their siren as part of a Crystal Mehtod song and ignore them.
3) uhhh... by trying to drown the engine noise to hear your stereo? Your sentence just canceled itself out.
4) yes it can... so why drown it with the stereo? Your sentence canceled itself out again. Are you bi-polar? (and if you are then no offense... again)
5) As they wonder why your blasting Kenny G out of speakers on a Ninja 250? Maybe if you ride in a circus act...

1)I agree
2-4) covered above.
5) LOL who cares who cares right???

My car below
you don't see the other two things often
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cammy2.jpg (16.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg clown-img1604.jpg (29.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg black.jpg (57.0 KB, 42 views)
Buffalony is offline   Reply With Quote