Thread: Music anyone?
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #31
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Interesting idea and if it works and is cool by you then that's all that matters.

My problem is how you feel about the earbud thing and how 'unsafe' it is. I've used both earplugs and earbuds at work and can safely say that the earplugs block more outside sound then the buds. If the volume is kept low then you will still hear the outside stuff going on around you with earbuds. I haven't personally ridden with earbuds in and don't really plan to cause my bike is kinda loud and would cancel out my music even with buds in so what's the point lol.

Also, most modern day cars have alot, I mean ALOT, of road noise reduction built in with really loud factory stereos. Then you also have all the people out there with the custom stereos with the 15 inch subwoofers. How are the millions upon millions of cagers out there with sound reduced cars and thumping stereos safer then a biker with earbuds in when that car is blocking out at least 300% more outside sound then your earbuds?

I'd be more worried about the cagers out there with all the loud stereos then the biker with the earbuds. But that's just my opinion. Personally I think they should go after the cagers with the stereos instead of the biker with the earbuds cause the cager poses 100x more danger.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote