View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #5
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Measuring it with a dial indicator on the face of the valve maybe? (Head out and camshaft turned by hand).
I'll look into this more. Taking it apart in 2 weeks to have the cylinder head ported.

Reason why i'm interested in this is I've seen 3 after market camshafts. Still waiting on the details of the 2. The one I do have the timing of; the webcam camshaft; seems to be focused on low to mid range power, not top end.

Basically I'm going to email everyone who makes camshafts to see if they can design a more aggressive camshaft. You can get software for designing camshafts; its around 500 dollars so I won't be buying it myself; just got to find someone who has it.

If I can get custom valve springs for a decent price, I will be using titanium valves from a kx250f (there almost identical). The valves are much cheaper than the 200 dollars each I got quoted by my builder. Racer X I've heard you have been looking for some springs that don't come in a pack of sixteen, hopefully my engine builder can help out. Will hit him up when he gets back from holidays.

I'm thinking of going down this path as it's something I've yet to see anyone do to extract a few more Hp.

By the way anyone thought of trying to fit a 300 clutch in the 250. Only 2 parts are different. For 500 bucks it seems like they way to go if one was wanting to make the bottom end stronger.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote