View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:37 PM   #20
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarr View Post
Oh the hassle I was referring to was the long warm up in the morning and then having to warm it up for a few minutes again after sitting for more than 30 minutes. If the TB3 solves that problem great!

Also just noticed you have literally the same bike I do, same colour and everything
OK, I get it. Well, even with the TB3 on my Ninja she was very cold blooded on my January and February rides. She ran fine after a mile or so with no choke. Each ride was about 30 miles and on the ride in February I did stop at a hardware store and I think I needed the choke when I got back on the bike to return home. I'm sure you're going to be OK when the temperature gets up to 60-70 degrees. You've got a small engine here, made of aluminum with very low mass compared to an automobile engine - it's going to cool down quickly in cold weather. Usually, in warmer weather, you only need the choke on initial start-up and then you're fine for the rest of the day.

Bill