View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:22 AM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhart View Post
The HID conversion kit is still in there. I think. I didn't install the HID headlight but all I did was unplug the wires from back of HID headlight and then splice those with the new headlight. High beam and low beam connected then both grounds to single ground on headlight. I have no knowledge of amperage and shorts and all that so I was flying blind

Would it just be easier to buy an HID headlight if that's what was on there before? Then I could just leave conversion kit thing in there and connect like normal, right? Or am i totally off base.
If you are driving halogen bulb which is designed for +12v input with HID system which outputs +20000v, there's problem. You need to remove ALL of HID system in order to get your headlight working. Here's link to wiring-diagram:

https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Wiring...s_%26_diagrams

1. Under head-tube of bike on left, find harness bundle with three longest wires for headlights:
- blk/yel = ground
- red/yel = low-beam
- red/blk = high-beam

2a. Follow these wires forward. Does it end in 3-terminal H4 headlight connector? If so, remove everything after this H4 connector as that's the HID kit. Or...

2b. If 3-terminal H4 headlight connector has been cut off and wires spliced into HID kit, undo splice and remove everything after splice. Get replacement H4 headlight connector and butt-splice back into original wires to restore back to factory condition

3. Plug H4 connector into back of halogen headlight bulb.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; March 22nd, 2019 at 12:25 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote