Thread: Weak-ish Brake
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Weak-ish Brake

So a while ago, I put a stainless steel brake line on my Ninja's front brake. After installing it, I felt like the brake was weaker than it was with my OEM line on it. Having thought I may have just gotten some fluid on the break pads, I was just a bit more cautious and didn't think much of it. After a while of it not improving, I had a place look at it, and they said it should be fine, they see no problems with it. It still bothered me though, so I took it to another place a bit after and had it the brake line completely re-bled and the fluid replaced. Honestly, that didn't improve anything. So what should I do next? Do you guys thing it's the brake pads? If it is, should I have it replaced with EBC HH pads or should I try to have the stock pads fixed? I found something about glazing and fixing it by taking off the pad and lightly going over it a couple of times with 400 grit sandpaper.

I've been on my friend's 250 and his has a steel brake line as well, and his brake is much much stronger than mine. I'd really like to get my front brake working nice and strong, but am not sure what to do at this point.
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote