Old January 13th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #30
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
1. They've earned all the 'bad PR' they get.
2. They make their own job hard, because of their attitude.
3. Being a cop didn't even make it into the top ten most dangerous jobs, although that might finally be changing, based on the blowback they are getting for their own actions.
1. yes. i agree mostly. almost every single instance of bad pr for the police i have seen has been some idiot who was given authority (or a group of idiots) making a massive judgement fault due to emotional or societal biases. bad PR happens because bad things happen. you don't get bad PR because a cop saved a kid. you get bad PR because a cop shot a kid playing in a park with a toy gun without trying to tell him to put it down first. but if you look at the history, things are getting better. the police at least do not drop bombs from helicopters on your town because you're rich and black (this has actually happened- many times actually. most notably in the 80s when hundreds were killed from the fires and bombs (no charges filed) and as recently as the 1990s when michigan police burnt down 3 square blocks after dropping a bomb on a gang house... surprisingly the police had no idea how to use bombs correctly)

2. not entirely so. it can be a difficult job at times. but making bad decisions definitely makes any job harder.

3. i doubt it will make it into the top 10 any time soon in america. we are becoming more and more peaceful, even if our reporting of violence increases.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.