View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2015, 08:16 AM   #37
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
All I was saying is that its not always immediately obvious who's right or wrong. Some times it is. Some times it is not.

Some times what we think or hear happened turns out to be flat out wrong and the truth was something completely different.

That's all.
And it's ok to be wrong! That's kinda the point of why I'm so hard on police (and politicians, but I've all but given up on them). The adult thing to do is own up, apologize, accept your punishment if warranted, and learn from it. But time after time, the police act like spoiled, entitled three year olds, bolstered by the police unions (and I'm generally very pre-union!) and the system that won't prosecute for actual crimes, won't even bother investigating most of the time, and when they do, rig the system in a way that no normal citizen would ever get.

And the policeshould be held to higher standard with regard to following and obeying (and knowing) the law. That's their job!!!

The system is corrupt, and seriously needs civilian oversight. And I'm pretty sure it's gotten way past the point of a few bad apples. It may not be that the majority of cops are bad, but the percentage is high enough that they usually are able to intimidate the few good ones left, and the system is set up to promote and protect the worst of them (much like our political system has gotten).
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote