View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2021, 02:07 AM   #24
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Danno...i leaned out my fuel injection by tricking it....Randy's cousin,Matt came up with a brilliant method and that was bypassing the air sensor next to the air box with a Garden hose and small garden hose shut off valve..I was talking to Randy one day and was explaining the problems of leaning out the FI on my truck and he said Oh Matt came up with a real good solution for that problem..... so I put one on my truck , I also put a metal condom over the exhaust sensor on the exhaust pipe a tube made from a tin can that tightly fit the sensor probe... other wise the computer system would sense it is too lean and put in more fuel... not what I WANTED
.... so inessance the probe got no information
in essence what it did was allow some air by the air sensor door and still allow it to suck from the air box keeping the intake clean
I could lean my truck out with that "Matt Valve "as we called it to where it would not run at all on full open and I ran it as much as half open which was a bit too lean....
if you want to pick my brain by all means do so ! I will help all I can
just keep in mind that was 20 years ago and my memory may not be exact
but I remember 99% of that because it was my Passion at the time
I was going to have a truck that I didn't have to buy gasoline for.... and Come hell or high water nothing was going to deter me from that goal...
... and I could still do that ...the problem is the green goo
everyone told me that I must have had steel and not stainless steel in my cells but i was not aware of any...and I was assured that even if you get some goo at first that will stop as the cell aged and got broke in.... that was not what I found....
making electrolysis using the brute force method leaches the oils out of the metal used ... during manufacturing.... and that is alot...
that is why you have to use stainless steel or you will have 2" of green slime on top of your electrolyte ! LOL... I made several steel cells that I couldn't use because of that.
I usually ran my electrolyte as strong as I could get it...to the saturation point
and that mixture would dissolve twigs and rocks where I spilt some on the ground !!!
disposing of it takes alot of baking soda !

I suppose having cells that you can remove easy and a pressure washer at hand would make it viable at $4.50 a gallon prices now.... however I doubt I could get my wife to allow me to do that to the Honda CRV she'd take after me with a rolling pin !
I need an old truck to play with.... Motorcycles do not have enough alternator to run them you need at least 20 amps and to go full Hydroxy gas at least
8LPM for a 2000cc(to maintain 60mph more for hills.) motor smaller motor takes les but they still are basically a big air pump and need allot of volume
I was shooting for 12 LPM to start with on my truck but I had 8 Randy cells and figured I'd start with that... I needed double that actually !
now figure that... 16 cells each getting 10 amps is 160 amps ! that is more than a welder takes !!!!!!!!
but with a 200 amp alternator it could handle it ... sure i'd loose some hp(the Hydroxy gas is not as strong as gasoline,and the Pull of the big alternator takes 12~15 hp) but who cares if I didn't have to buy gas at all !?!?!?! LOL.
I'ed have to use #6 cables to get to the back of the truck and in the bed
and that was going to set me back $150 bucks a length and I needed 2 lengths ! OUCH ! and this was at a time when I just retired and had only $569 a month coming in ! we were poorer than church mice and living on Ramen noodle because beans were too expensive !
although the motor has 120 hp I figured as cruse it would take a max of 50hp ( even loaded) where HP is really needed is getting up to speed
not maintaining the cruise speed....
so at the worse case it would be gutt-less on take off....
I've been making a plate for my bandsaw so I can get it to operate better
....and the Triumph is taunting me !
she sure is a good looking dinosaur !
Later all
Bob.....