View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:30 PM   #1
Dninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Bought Used 2012 Ninja 250r. Bike turns off after I press the throttle after a stop

Hey Guys! New to this forum and riding. Just bought a 2012 ninja 250r and with only 1,500 i knew it was to good to be true. When I was test riding it, the moment I put it in first and pressed the throttle the bike died. The seller said to put the choke on and let it warm up first bc it hadnt been started. So I did that and it rode fine but still when I came to a stop, and pressed the throttle again it stalled on me again. I overlooked this issue and thought it was maybe bc of the weather being in the 40’s so I took a chance and bought it. I came home and Ive rode it a few times to figure out whats going on. Everytime I come to a complete stop and put the bike in first or even second gear and press the throttle, the bikes will try to move a little but then shut off. Ive been reving the engine to 5-6k and slowly let off the clutch to avoid it from shutting off on me. Could it be the carbs?? I hope not because I just spent all the money I had saved on the bike. Any advice?? Thanks
Dninja is offline   Reply With Quote