View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2019, 10:34 AM   #7
Dninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Warm Idle is set at about 1.7k.

No starting difficulties when cold or warm.

I just bought it yesterday, so I would say maybe 4 min choke on, ride it with it, then turn it off.

Yes, it idles pretty steady close to 1.7k. The needle might move a little but nothing crazy.

No, throttle is not hanging when throttle is released. I have noticed that in almost every gear, the rpms are pretty high. Even in 6th gear going about 45 the rpms are at about 7k. Idk if thats normal.

The problem, is basically when I come to a stop, and then put it in 1st gear , (tried it with 2nd gear too) hold the throttle and slowly let go of the clutch to ride, the bike will either shut off (it has at intersections, even after i rode for almost an hour). Or ill hold the throttle, and the moment i let go of the clutch to move, the rpms will drop and the bike will almost shut off but I will quickly turn the throttle even more until the rpms start going, then ill stsrt going except with a quick jump because the rpms are high.

Should I remove the gas thats in it right now, if yes, how do I do that? Also with adding the seafoam, 1 full bottle with gas already inside? Or 1 full bottle then fill up gas?

Just want to say I appreciate all the help! I never thought I would get so much help on here.
Dninja is offline   Reply With Quote