View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #4
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I've been hearing about the diode mod just recently, any chance u can explain to me what it is? This diy seems pretty easy, thanks. X-)
Hi Eric. The diode mod is for people who go remove their factory blinkers and install LED's for all 4 blinkers. Usually, if you only install 2, ie, just replacing the front blinkers with LED's, you don't need to install any diodes. When you replace all the blinkers, many people do integrated rear lights and front LED's, there seems to be a power bleed. The new LED's only take a fraction to work, so the left over power gets sent to the other set of blinkers. This causes the bike to flash all 4 blinkers at the same time, like hazard lights. The diodes prevent this power backwash so that the blinkers behave the way they're designed.

Here's another DIY that shows you how to do it, but you have to cut wires, solder connections and add a ring terminal. You also have to remove both front fairings and the front cowl to get access to the gauge's rear. With my kit, you just remove the left fairing and you're finished in under 15 minutes total.