View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #19
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTech Electric View Post
CZroe, did you have the battery disconnected when you removed and re-installed your gauge harness? What year is the bike so I can look up a wiring diagram?
Nope, but I think I know why now. I had the bike off when I disconnected it but I tried to see which of the two connectors controlled the turn signal flasher by connecting it and disconnecting it. I may have forgotten to turn the key off one of those times. Bike is a current-generation model (2008).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Aw blue gauges is going to look so sick! Is it a deep blue or a lighter one? I wanted to light mine up with deep blue LEDs but instead I totaled my bike Post a pic up when you get it finished
Well, they told me that 194 was brighter than 168 and that stock was probably 168, but these look dimmer than the stock white bulbs so... *shrug* It's hard to tell that they are on unless it's dark.

Glancing at them in the dark they look plenty visible enough but it's hard to say how "deep" it looks. It has to shine through and around a lot of dark gauge faces (2008 model had black-face instrumentation).

I would think that UV with UV reactive instrumentation would be way cooler. I wonder if you can get UV/blacklight bulbs in 168/194 form factor. Hmm.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote