View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #128
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
I don't want to sound all preachy, but...

The rules are pretty clear. Not that I think that that one modification is going to be the deciding factor in the finishing order, but allowing this sort of bending of the rules just makes the definition of legal more murky. It then begs the question: At what point is it not ok, and then considered cheating? Takes it from being a clear rule and turns it into an opinion.

Sure, on the WERA board you will get lots of people saying that they don't care and: "I wouldn't protest you for that.", But unless you hear it from Mongo himself that it is ok, I wouldn't do it, because it may come back to bite you.

And then, when I'm your competitor and I can see that you've done something to your bike that is clearly not allowed, am I to assume that that is the only thing that you've done to your bike that is outside the rules?

I'm not throwing stones, but IMHO, it's not worth sowing seeds of doubt about the legality of your bike and the possible protest/disqualification.
ya know Tim, it's that attitude that just sucks the fun out of racing for me. At the end of the day, even with a WERA Sportsman National Championship. Starbucks still charges $2.99 for a cup of coffee.

In other words; "rule hawks" irritate the crap out of me.
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote