View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewes View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check the ignition coil today.

I set the mixture screws to 2.5 turns out on the carb, I don't think its carb or airbox related since I went through these.

The PO replaced the gas filler with an okay quality aftermarket one so I'll check that again. The gas was good quality, I added 2 fresh gallons and 2 oz of seafoam to it and the floats have been drained several times.

I added a new inline fuel filter which I think may be too restrictive, it's meant for a tractor so maybe I'll look into swapping that back. If it's the ignition coil I may replace it.
Good on the carb settings then.

No disrespect, but many a Ninja-owner has "gone through/cleaned/rebuilt/fixed" their carbs only to find there are still carb-related problems. Maybe not the case here.

There's not a lot of room for an inline fuel filter, and if it creates a low spot in the fuel system you can have delivery problems.

Pull the filter and see if that changes anything. Did you find a small filter at the carb inlet?

How much gas was there when you added 2 gal? If there was condensation in the tank, or the original gas was bad, adding fresh to it isn't going to make it good. Draining completely and refilling is the only way to know it's fresh.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote