View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:01 AM   #11
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

So, although the chicken wire was doing some Harry Potter stuff to my bike (my daughters diagnosis of the chicken wire results) I grabbed some new packing from my local bike store.

$18.00 for a bag, I packed (jammed) about half in and started it up, straight away the sound was more muffled even with the baffle removed, but still to loud.

I stuck the baffle in a did a blocky, better than the old packing, chicken wire and baffle but still sort of annoying as my OCD was just starting to kick in.

So, back in went the chicken wire mesh.

The bike sounds nice now, from idle to redline, it seems to have kept the magic from the initial instalation of the chicken wire.

Sadly I believe the brakes, tyres or valves have not had any benifit from the documented (lol) magic that the chicken wire has obviously achieved.

The bike is still running at a lower rpm at 100kph than it was before the magic occured.

All magic aside, it seems my bike and it's fueling is loving the change in restriction the chicken wire is giving.

If anyone smarter than me (pretty much anyone over the age of 5) can shed some light on this I would be extremely grateful.

If anyone needs some chicken wire with magical properties I've got enough to make another tachometer calibrating silencer baffle.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote