Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Hey Misti, question for you.

Can you explain this please?

May 13 Virginia International Raceway (North) All Levels 475/675
May 14 Virginia International Raceway (North) All Levels 475/675
May 15/16 Virginia International Raceway (North) 2-Day Camp 2450

Why is there a big price jump for the 15th/16th combo day when you could do the 13th/14th for $1350? Am I missing something? What is the cost for a 2 day camp on your own bike?
Here are the differences between the two day camp and the single day schools.

Actually there are a lot more differences in the two day camps vs the single day, hence the price difference. They are:

Two day camp: Available on the school bikes only, BMW S1000's (with four 800's available if you wish to ride one of them). During a two day camp you get 5 classroom sessions and 7 riding sessions of at least 20 minutes. Student to coach ratio is no more than 2:1 and during every riding session you will be followed and lead on track by your coach and then debriefed afterwards. There are less students overall at a two day camp which means that you will be on track with less than 15 students + coaches at a time. Format of the day is classroom, ride, classroom, ride etc.

Also, during a two day camp, all the off track training bikes (Lean/slide bike, brake bike and the No BS bike for the steering drill) are available for use depending on the track and weather conditions. You will also get to ride the camera bike once per day, have your video reviewed by a qualified coach and receive a DVD of both your camera bike riding sessions at the end of the school. Lunch, snacks, tea, coffee and water are all provided.

Single Day School: You can use one of the school bikes or bring your own bike. There are 5 classroom sessions and 5 riding sessions of at least 20 minutes. Student to coach ratio is no more than 3:1 and same as the camp you are lead and followed by your coach each session out and then debriefed after. Format for the day is Classroom, ride, break, classroom, ride, break.

At a single school depending on the level you are taking you can do one of the off track bikes. Level one is the steering drill (No BS bike), level 2 the Lean Bike, level three gets a video review session and level four can ride the slide bike. There is no camera bike available in a single day school. There are more students total during a single day so you are on track with more riders at a time, no more than 22 I think at a time.

Both options will give you an incredible experience and will improve your riding tremendously but you do get more value during the two day camp and a lot more one on coaching and off track training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
I am debating doing the one day at Barber or just doing a track day on my bike this summer at Little Tally. The Superbike school will end up costing quite a bit more but I will be coached on how to really ride and I will get to ride a BMW S1000RR all for $690 dollars and a huge deposit!!!

I have never been on the track before so maybe I should get some experience there first before I go to a school so I am not overwhelmed. And then do the school the next summer or when I have more money. Idk. I am just a college kid which means I don't have much money, so I am looking for the best bang for the buck.

Maybe I should start a new thread somewhere....

What should I do?
The Superbike School is amazing and you will have one of the best days of your life along with learning some very very valuable skills. The school is also designed in such a way that you learn a new technique and then go right out on track with a coach to practice that specific technique before moving onto something else so there is little chance that you will feel overwhelmed. The coaches make sure to work carefully with each student to make sure that they feel comfortable.

The good thing about doing a school before you do a regular track day is that you will learn the proper skills right off the bat and reduce your chances of crashing (which costs time and money) and reduces the chance that you will have to unlearn any bad habits when you finally do make the school.

I've been a coach with them for the past 8 years and have also taken all four levels as a student so let me know if you have any specific questions.

Misti
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.