Old November 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #27
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddog View Post
Misti,

Is there any benefit to doing 2 (1 day) sessions back to back? I was considering the May 20/21 dates at Thunderbolt. I'm an intermediate rider with about 2 solid years of trackdays. I think we did 10-12 last year at NJMP in total. My understanding is the 1 day courses you use your own bike and provide your own creature comforts. (food, housing etc)
Yes, two single days back to back is a great way to take the school. When I took it as a student I did level 1-2 at Laguna Seca and then a few months later level 3-4 at the Streets of Willow Springs.

Single days you can bring your own bike or you can rent a school bike. The School provides the food, snacks, water, coffee etc but not the hotel or transportation. On a single day you have 5 seminars and 5 on track riding sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddog View Post
Misti,

A question from one of our users in a trackday group on facebook:

"For the super bike school, do you have to start at level 1? I'm curious because the first 2 levels would be me basically throwing my money away. I don't want to spend $1k on levels I'm already passed. You know?"

Do they evaluate you or can you take the courses in any combination?

Thanks,

Kevin
Every student starts in Level 1 regardless of riding experience or speed. When Leon Camier (British Superbike Champion and World SBK rider) came to the school he took level one as well.

Just because you are taking level one doesn't mean there is a limit on speed, you can go as fast as you want as long as you are working on the specific drills. The first lesson of level one is throttle control and no matter how good a rider you are, you can always work to improve the basics like throttle control, quick turning, body position, etc...

Hope that answers the question. Let me know it there are any more!

Misti
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.