View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #8
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Well I was going to say it's kinda a same thing but you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Confidence will be key because without it your going to freak out about **** you don't need to be concerned about.

First don't fight the bike over every little movement it make while your headed strait, you have over 8' of lane to work with so let it float a bit. Stay relaxed in your shoulder but keep a grip in the bars, if you grip the bars to tight you'll tense your shoulders and that's why we say stay loose on the bars. Just grip the bars like you would while riding in a parking lot.

Make sure your tire have the right pressure and if your still running the stock IRC from tire then consider swapping it out for something that's Radial and not Bias-Ply. I noted my bike stopped chasing a lot of lines and groves after I changed tire from the IRC.

If you still have a dirt bike or can borrow one get someone to take you out and show you some socal sandwashes. After getting a feel in the sand riding over groves or dealing with wind will seem to easy, and I guarantee after you stop swearing at the sand and the bike because you can't seem to get started or keep it strait you'll have yourself a good laugh. I've taken some top A class(the really fast guys) enduro riders with me on Socal rides and of those who have never ridden sand all struggle and some just down right can't ever get the hand of it. You just need to understand it isn't necessary or even possible to be 100% in control all the time.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.