View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2022, 01:04 AM   #5
oposum
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Teo

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
that is a strange one..... if they all were working as they should before they were broke.... they should work when you replace them with LED's ....but
not all LED's are the same...some take alot more power to light and it may be that the flasher relay can't deliver that power to those new ones....
is there any electrical information on the new ones ?
and do you know what the old ones were ?
and hardest question of all, do you know what the flasher relay is capable of powering ?
another possibility is you wired it up wrong, positive to negative and negative to positive..... their LED i.e. light emitting diodes and diodes have to be wired correctly ! swap the wires and see if that cures the problem !
Bob........
1. sadly no electrical info on the new ones, except that they are for 12v systems. It says on the box "high vistration resistance" but no clue what this means.
2. The old ones were some really cheap stuff no clue from where as the previous owner had installed them but they were blinking fine. No branding on them.
3. I looked at the flasher relay (the little black box under the seat) but there were no markings, branding or anything on it. I assume it is aftermarket as well in order to accommodate for the LEDs that the previous owner installed.
I was thinking maybe I could revert back to an oem relay to see what happens? I suspect that the LEDs are made to consume more power on purpose so some bikes don't need to change the relay. Any idea on what the OEM relay parameters are so I can find something with the same?
Also another strange thing i noticed, after turning on for example the left side, when you push down the button to turn it OFF the left side blinkers light up for a split second as they normally should work - bright.
oposum is offline   Reply With Quote