Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

YEAR: 2008

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Airbox removed, K&N-0990 w/ intake runners from stock box

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Area-P 18" CF Quiet core, full system

JET KIT OR STOCK? Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? DynoJet

MAIN JET: 108

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 4rd from the top (Arranged E-clip, 3 washers, E-clip).

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: About 2-3/4 turns out.

ELEVATION: 2,100 ft. +/- 1,000 ft

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:
Spent the weekend trying out various main jets after pulling the airbox (first attempt tuning). Honestly can't tell much difference between 106-110 mains (pulls pretty hard and consistently from about 6k to redline) so went with the 108, but feel like I lost a little top speed when I pulled the airbox, so may need to step back up to 110s. Had DJ100 mains in before the airbox delete. Agree that the bike is considerably louder when accelerating hard, but getting to like it so long as I've got my plugs in.

With needles @ 3rd from top: Bike seems to be more stable from a dead stop after tuning the mixture screws (bogs less), but it still seems to drop the acceleration ball a bit so think I may need to lean the needles a bit yet.

Edit: With needles @ 4th from top: Bike seems happier, but still hesitates from a dead stop with lots of throttle. However the rpms are only dropping a hair and it's not bad at all. Still seems to surge when going from idle to on throttle, but suspect that's just the machine at work.

Last futzed with by Momaru; September 9th, 2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: needle reconfig
Momaru is offline   Reply With Quote