EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS:Area P Quiet core full system, Kleen air system removed

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? Factory Pro

MAIN JET: 110

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 4

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 2-3/4 turns out from bottom, initially

ELEVATION: sea level to 3800 ft.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:

Went one step leaner on the main from a 112 to a 110. Bike pulled a bit better all the way to redline.

When I did that, the midrange was anemic and the bike showed signs of being lean at idle, (long warm up and had to use choke a lot to get the bike warm) so I moved the clip from the 3rd position to the 4th. Midrange improved greatly and warmup barely needs choke at cold startup.

Had to redo the mixture crews settings. I've found the best way to set it is to the turn it in till the idle starts dropping then turn it back out about 1/8 to 1/4 turn. I fine tune the exact mixture screw position by blipping the throttle when the bike is fully warm and watch how the tach needle settles down to the set idle speed. If it hangs above the idle speed, then comes down, the bike is a bit lean and I turn the mixture screw out (CCW) about 1/8 of a turn on both carbs. If you blip the throttle and the idle falls below the set idle speed and then comes back up, the mixture is rich and you need to turn the mixture screw CW about 1/8 turn. Repeat until you get it so when you blip the throttle, the idle settles back to your preset idle speed. I use 1500RPM as my idle speed only because it is easy to read precisely on the tach face.

Bike now idles fine, rips through the midrange and pulls all the way to redline with no problems. It may not be perfect,yet, but it is better than my previous setup. Will live with this for awhile to see if it has any shortcomings. I have not heard any pinging from the smaller 110 main.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote