View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:58 PM   #26
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
A tip on shortcuts, government employees are people too! They have same issues all of us face, 24-hr days, death and taxes. WHO you face across that countre and how much they like you has EVERYTHING to do with how much proper documentation you’ll need and how easy it’ll be to get permit. This goes for district attourneys and judges too, so keep in mind for future.

Those workers can be having grumpy day or they can be having great day. YOU can help with them having great day. Be cheerful, respectful, ready to provide them with whatever they need. Perhaps compliment them, but not flatter. Many of them ride bikes and themselves or have friends and family that ride. They really do want to help you.

For example, I bought my CBR600RR same week I moved from Santa Barbara. So I brought in all my paperwork to nearest DMV in San Jose. After waiting in horribly long queue, I gave countre person paperwork and was promptly turned away with more forms and paperwork to fill out in triplicate. Turned out previous owner never transferred title to his name and now we need two transfers in proper order... grrr...

So... thinking about this for bit... I realized I used to have great time visiting Los Gatos DMV near my old hometown! I first got my permit there, then my licence, various auto and bike title transfers, etc. So, I went there next day. Not only was there no queue, they even offered me coffee! I got to front before even having a sip. Gave person my paperwork, they said, “ ahhh, you need this form, then this form, and this form.. let me take care of this for you!” And they proceeded to click this and that and printed out form after form. Then they filled it out for me! And stamped it! And entered more stuff into computer and printed out more forms and filled it out and stamped it and entered even more stuff. After this whirlwind fury of form processing, I signed final paper and it was done! I had new title in my name!!!

So.. look for softer, easier paths to get to your goals. A lot of times, it’s just finding the right people. good luck!
You could tell somebody to go to hell and have them look forward to the trip.

Bill

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.