View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2019, 06:00 AM   #7
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

I weigh 195 and have no trouble getting to 100mph. No front fairing or windscreen, but in a full tuck. Also have no problem getting 14,000 plus rpms.
2006 250Ninja. Not sure what an extra 30 pounds would do, but 70mph indicates to me you have a problem with making power.

I am so impressed with these little bikes. I paid only $400 dollars for mine. It had been down several times, but only had 3500 miles. It was not not running, but had a new battery. The problem the PO had was he never checked his 30 amp main fuse. I found a brand new exhaust system in craigslist, paid $80 dollars. It was perfect not one scratch or any blueing on the headers.

It needed new tires. The were to original 2006 date stamped tires from new. Also put on new rear brakes. The OP seemed never to use the front brakes.

Right now I have toooo many bikes, but I am looking for another 250 for $500 or less. Heading to Florida for the winter and only taking one bike. Now I have room in the trailer for another to bring back north in the spring.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote