View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2021, 08:34 PM   #19
clakmurrick
carb newbie

Name: Clark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
If you have 108s, I would try them. In stock form, they are too rich - so it may be close. We ran them with pods and a leaky exhaust - and it ran strong on top.

For the idle mixture - yes - you are trying to find the highest RPM setting you can get by adjusting the idle mixture screws. I like to make it about 1/8-turn richer (out) from there. It will most likely be higher than it is now, so you just turn the idle speed screw to get it back to 1300 or so.

This diagram shows the different fuel circuits - https://jdjetting.com/wp-content/upl.../163996103.jpg - they overlap and blend together, so changing one affects a wider range than just one circuit.

Did the kit have different carb needles?
The kit had replacement needles, but they should have been identical to the OEM iirc. If it makes you happy, I'm ordering a stock airbox and I'll be getting the bike running in factory condition (with an exhaust still), before I continue. I'm sending off the carbs to ducatiman to see if he can check them out. I think my choke is clogged still and I'm sure there are other issues. Let's see what happens!