View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2022, 12:59 PM   #1
ALewis36
ninjette.org newbie

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 1972 yamaha CT2

Milky oil, junk in coolant

Hey Yall,

I just got an 01 ninja 250 for a quad project, had to fix an electrical gremlin or two but now it starts and runs acceptably given that i don't have the airbox. After running it for a minute or two, i realized that the oil in the sight glass was milky, so i drained it all out and it looks like chocolate milk, but the crankcase was not overfull. there was also pieces of what looked to be disintegrated rubber in the oil filter and some of the oil i drained out

So naturally next i took off the radiator cap, and saw no oil floating around, drained the coolant, and it has no oil in it and looks good aside from the same trash floating in the overflow tank that was floating in the nasty oil

I have a hard time believing that the bike would run as good as it does and sound as healthy as it does with a bad head or head gasket so i'm really leaning towards the seal on the waterpump disintegrating, i took it partially apart and there's no play on the impeller however.

anybody seen this happen before or know of any faults known with these bikes that may cause this before i go having to tear down the whole engine chasing whatever problem it is?
ALewis36 is offline   Reply With Quote