View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #13
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejunk81 View Post
I haven't done much for gear except look at it and crap myself when I see the tag lol

My buddy's got an extra helmet that fits me pretty well, so he said I can keep it. As far as a jacket, I've looked at the ICON Accelerant Stealth but I'm keeping an eye out on craigslist for something more affordable to come up.
Well I won't give you the old parent lecture but, I think you will find most of the members of this site will urge you to get the best you can affoard.

There will be many opinions on which manufacture and which color and (you fill in the blanks) but I think you will find that most will say the helmet is number one and it needs to fit properly. There are round heads and oval heads and the different manufactures fit different heads. See their web sites on how to fit a helmet.

For now a good pair of cow-hide leather gloves will get you by but you might want some motorcycle specific gloves at some point.

On my list a jacket and shoe/boots would be next and I'd wouldn't put one over the other. Check the various sites and see what they have on clearance and buy the quality all you can afford.

The pants can ranage far and wide in quality and $$.

You are starting to find that there is a little more in the cost of this sport than just the bike.

Have fun but ride safe.

ATGATT