View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #18
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
How old are you? How long have you been riding?
As if that matters? I'm over 40, I've been riding for over two decades.
I've ridden in four continents in this world, in places where they are no roads, no pavement and certainly bikes with tires that are older than 10 years old, patched and plugged multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Riding on any old tire might be fine for you, but it's not a way to survive for any length of time on a cycle. Being lax or careless can have quite a large penalty.

The "deciding factor" is what? Really? It should be what gives you the biggest advantage in a surprise or emergency situation and largest margin of safety. Avoiding a crash by doing proper maintenance and having top-notch equipment (tires) is a priority in my mind.

But that's just my opinion.
OP can decide for himself how much risk he's willing to take, since none of us know exactly what kind of riding OP wants to do with these 3 y-o tires that he may be purchasing; your opinion should not be considered as a be-all-end-all option.

I know as a rider, regardless what tire is mounted on my vehicle, I can operate that vehicle within my ability and even with penalty of poor tires.
Whether you can do the same or not, that is up to you to decide.
But your opinion is limited with your experience, don't think for a second that your opinion is the only way, for everyone else, around the world.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote