Old October 9th, 2022, 05:49 PM   #48
Zpatton
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): ‘08 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
post photo of what's on bike.
Factory light pods bolted to top of rear fender.
Same assembly that holds tail, brake, licence plate lights.

I’ll have to do a pic later. This piece doesn’t use any of the original parts and I don’t have any of them anyway as the one that was already on the bike was incomplete and damaged. Hence why I replaced it.

Anyway I drove it today!!!! I got enough done over the last several days that I went ahead said screw it, let’s see if it’ll actually get on the street.

Stayed right around my house just kinda cruising along, testing the clutch, new handles, brakes, etc.

Big takeaways are:
1) I need new grips. The original ones aren’t helping me maintain friction with gloves on.
2) I didn’t put ANY of the front cowling or headlight assembly back on but I have ZERO headlights period. The indicator for headlights isn’t even lit up on the gauge cluster.
3) None of the instruments in the gauge cluster work. The backlights work, the neutral indicator works, and the oil pressure indicator works. But no speedometer, tachometer, and fuel level indicator.
4) NO rear brake pressure. At all. I have not changed out any fluids but I did add brake fluid because I lost a lot when swapping the rear cylinder out. But still zero pressure. That is a huge concern. I dunno what could possibly be causing that.
Zpatton is offline   Reply With Quote