View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2022, 03:07 PM   #54
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpatton View Post
Reading various topics from past users about no rear brake pressure. Lots of similarities and I would venture to guess it is either air in the lines or seals blown inside the master cylinder (it is a used part).

If it's the former then I will try to get it done but I just discovered that the rear brake does not have a valve on it. I don't know if that is because this may be a aftermarket brake or what, but it looks like something was broken off where the valve should be. From what I understand this may not be a cheap thing to do also so I don't know if I can invest the money for it too.

If it is the latter I don't know if I have the time, patience, or knowledge to "rebuild" it. I see there are kits with the part for them that are relatively cost effective but damn, I just want it operable.
Bleeder nipple may be in different places depending upon caliper. I've found them on forward side of caliper before.

And it may be broken off from over-tightening. Simple matter to remove with screw extractor or drill out carefully and fish out remaining pieces of thread.

Link to original page on YouTube.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote