Old June 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #2
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdexter View Post
Once my shipment comes in I'm going to be doing new EBC HH front brake pads, a galfer braided stainless steel brake line, possibly a JT 15T sprocket (different shipment time for that) and an oil change...

New spark plugs are $5 each... should I order those and replace them while I'm in there too.. I've got 13-14k miles, I haven't really noticed any performance issues or start up issues, in fact, it started practically instantly after the winter but will new spark plugs be worthwhile to do for only $10 and some time or should I just leave them? (I'm no expert)

Also, a month or so ago I had a child sitting on the bike for a photo-op and she rev'd the engine right up to like 11k (near the redline) - not sustained at all, just rev'd and let go and since then, I might be just paranoid, but it seems to be making some kind of vibrating/buzzing sound when I'm riding over 6-7k, can't tell if it's plastics somewhere or coming from the engine? I'm about to take it all apart and looks for loose stuff, do you think that could have caused something in the engine? or probably just something loose somewhere?
The kid revving the bike would not have caused any damage. The list of stuff your doing doesn't include removing any bodywork or tank so there's no convenience in doing the plugs at the same time. I do my plugs when I do my valves since I'm literally right there.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote