View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #24
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

Cool

In Flaw'da we have bugs called midges. Some people call them "blind mosquitos" in warm weather every new moon and full moon, they gather in huge sex orgy swarms. I have seen them so thick that once you hit the swarm within seconds you cannot see at all.

We also have "love bugs" that do the same for a couple of weeks in the spring and fall. Nasty stuff, but not as bad as they used to be. They ruin paint if you don't get them off soon. A real PITA to get out of perforated leathers.

As far as riding without a helmet. I do sometimes, like when I go to the races and ride the Mighty Honda around in the pits.

I have had bird strikes, no fun. The worst thing ever though as a junebug to the throat, that somehow went between the bottom of my Shoei and the collar of my leathers, and I was tucked in. No big deal, right?, just a junebug.

I was at the dragstrip riding my top gas bike, second round of practice. I had the throttle stop turned off and the nitrous at 100%, high gear just crossing the MPH lights. I clocked at 184. I honestly thought I had been shot.

Last futzed with by fast1075; March 26th, 2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelin
fast1075 is offline   Reply With Quote