View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #160
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Misty,
Sorry for taking so long in replying to your questions and comments. Running a business is keeping me from riding, the forum and everything else I love to do!

Your first comment on fitness. I sort of agree. I was not pushing the bike as hard so less effort to go slow but still not being sore would indicate some improvement.

Comment on Drawing the track: I had no Idea what the track looked like for the first half of the day, so no way to even begin to draw it at that point. I had not ridden a motorcycle for an entire year before this trip and did not even have any time to watch the videos of the track. Stupid me, I signed up for intermediate level thinking I might be able to keep pace with the slower guys in the group! Between not knowing the track, getting reacquainted with the torque monster bike, my lack of practice and faster riders flying past me everywhere, I was too overwhelmed to take any mental snap shots of the track in an attempt to learn. I did not even start to see the corners were numbered till after lunch! That was AFTER the instructor had bumped me down to the slower group! The first couple of sessions had me worried I would cross the fast line and get hit by someone trying to get past the slow guy so my mental capacity was way reduced and learning took a back seat to survival (SR's). Just before lunch someone handed me a map of the track and I spent lots of time between sessions studying it, which made a big difference for the remainder of the day. I still was out of practice but at least I knew where I was going!

Your final comment on my tire condition: Spot on! I am certain that I was using the HP for speed but not carrying it thru the turns. As soon as I began to lift the bike I was rolling on the throttle and putting a good load on the rear tire. I mentioned above that I had not ridden for a year (since my crash at Palmer) and was out of practice. I had no seat time but I had been working some things out in my head and one of those issues was throttle. I would always tend to roll on late in a turn and not corner with the throttle on where appropriate. I believe I might have corrected this and this may be some of the reason for my tires condition.

As always "Thank you for your time and comments" I will continue to learn how to be a better rider and with help from you and many others on this site, I feel I improve every time I ride!

Your final question's I will answer #2 first. With the proper line you can carry more speed thru the turn with the least necessary lean angle and will set you at the proper angle to set up for the next turn or to accelerate as early as possible

To find the best line: study. Study track maps, other riders lines, the corners and ride.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote