Thread: Turbo install
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2015, 03:53 AM   #144
swarfman64
Master modder

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): TURBO gpx250 99 CB250/500rs Sherco290 Trials Indian 1911big base (replica)

So without making this a rant, ill keep this bit short.... Ecotrons support is nothing short of pathetic, almost uninformed. I would advise anybody who wishes to use there product with a non standard system to save there money and buy a more established and proven brand with real support.

Now..... the turbo is taking a turn, because I have spent too much and can't justify a new injection system I'm going blow through the carbs.

I have kitted my original carbs, removed the injection, fitted a rising rate reg and pump and refitted the ignition module.
I'm going to try and keep carb mods to a minimum or none. A pitot tube will go into the intake for boost balance/ enrichment.
So, if this is successful it may open the door for others to turbo there ninjas without the expense of injection. Blowing through cvk carbs is nothing new but there can be allot of effort put into the boost balance tube.

I did make new fuel transfer and air vent pipes for the carbys but only because its Saturday night and replacement o rings aren't readily available, so I made pipes to fit generic o rings from my kit. I did extend the tube for the hose to make things a little easier but it wasn't necessary.
IMG_5600.jpgIMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5603.jpgIMG_5604.jpg