adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
I fugure the white helmet will contrast the hi-viz yellow jacket.
I'd go hi-viz yellow for the helmet if you can find it in a model you like.

A good way of thinking about this is to use your eyes, observe and draw conclusions based on what you see in the real world rather than doing thought experiments.

Next time you're out for a drive (and the snow is gone) observe how many things you see in the environment are white or reflections that appear white. The number is large.

Since white objects are commonplace in the environment, we tend to tune them out. They get lost in the visual noise.

Relatively few objects are fluorescent yellow. Being unusual, it grabs attention.

Which is why highway workers wear fluorescent yellow vests instead of white.

My personal choice is to go for a fluorescent yellow helmet and not worry about the jacket, largely because I only wear leather. I've posted elsewhere on the reasons why I feel a fluorescent helmet is enough for me so I won't bog this thread down with that stuff. Do a search and you'll find it.

Re contrast... white and yellow are not contrasting colors. Take a black & white photo of that combo and the jacket will appear very light gray against the white helmet.... very low contrast. White would contrast with a dark color. But even so, what leads you to believe that contrasting gear matters? What matters is contrast with the background.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote