Thread: Cafe Racer?
View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:56 AM   #16
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaError View Post
Hey thanks very much for the info. You know what’s crazy, I just recently bought my bike and it was from a guy that lived in Mt Prospect ��. And my wife is in the Navy here, She helped me sign up for the MSF basic 2 day course on the base. Luckily they offer free classes so that was a pretty good deal. Scheduled for the 17th and 18th of this month then I’ll be legal.

Oh and also yes craigslist is where I found this 250. There are so many cheap bikes up here idk if it’s just because we’re by one of the biggest cities or if it’s just getting that time of the year and people are practically giving there bikes away for a little bit of cash but finding a ugly lil cheap 250 shouldn’t be to hard.
Glad to hear you have that scheduled. That is a great deal. Normally it's over $200.

Another safety-related suggestion - check the age of the tires on your bike. The production date is 4 numbers in an oval on the sidewall like "2610". The first 2 are the week (26th week), the last 2 are the last digits of the year (2010). They could even be original if it's got super low miles, but they aren't usable anymore. 5 years is plenty on a cycle tire (IMO).

Check out this section for a ton of Ninja info - https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Ninja250_Howto

Pretty funny about the Mount Prospect connection.

Thank your wife for her service - I appreciate it. My youngest boy just enlisted in the Marines and is heading to Basic in a few months.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote