View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2015, 11:51 PM   #10
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
So I went a little too fast. Not sure how fast, but I was written with 83 in a 55 and it doesn't say I can pay by mail. I need to go to court for it. How can I weasel my way out?
You should receive something like a notice within 3-4 weeks depending on how backed up the courthouse where you need to make an appearance. When you get the notice via mail you might have the option to pay online or you must go to court in person. If you haven't had a ticket within I believe 18 months you should be eligible for traffic school which you should do online. You can even get an extension when paying through the traffic counter inside the courthouse or in the courtroom. Maybe even online.

Another option you could also contest the ticket, there's a 50/50 chance that the cop will not show up in court, and if that happens you go home without paying the ticket and everything will be forgotten. You can even get a 30-60 day extension or pick a certain date for you to contest your ticket. It really depends which courthouse you have to appear to. If you pick a date near a holiday or the cops B-day there's a good chance the cop will not show up.

Then there's trial by written declaration. No one really does that, unless you have some kind of evidence to get you out of your ticket.

Traffic school should cost about $20-40. You can take your time or just cut and paste the study portion on MS word and take the test on the spot, done 1-2hrs LoL maybe even less LoL. A buddy of mine just paid about $348 ticket+ $30 for traffic school going 78 on 580 heading to Livermore, so $400 sounds about right. Goodluck.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.