View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2015, 12:55 PM   #23
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post
I can see the psychology happening but don't let this scare you off riding, like with a horse it is important to get back on, just ride like a saint for while so you feel both virtuous and safe.

The important thing with the ticket is to avoid the points, so try to divert to the school option. There is no way out without money but the nice thing is once its paid and done you have a clean slate.
For sure. I might have to sell the bike but if I do I'll probably at least get a little scooter or something. I can't not ride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Use it for what? Radar can certainly be used when approaching traffic in the other direction. It's also not hard to pick out a bike going over 80 mph in a 55 zone. What does it say on the ticket about how he estimated/measured your speed? There are checkboxes for laser, radar, VASCAR, etc. Laser isn't yet usable when moving, so it's almost certainly a radar measurement.
Aw man. Just looked at the ticket. He measured it with radar that was equipped on the vehicle. Darn. I thought he just estimated.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote