View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #1122
shift957
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): R6, SV 650, 300, 250, 250 xc-w

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehendo View Post
Appreciate the feedback, though I don’t know if that is entirely the case. You can definitely see a lot of my lower face for sure.
Joe, From what you said, it sounds as if the AGV helmet may be a bit big on you if it can slide up and down. If that's the case, that's not good.

Looking at the first pic you posted of the original two, your knee is on the ground and the bike is hardly leaned over. What this tells me is your butt is waaay off the seat. Definitely more than one cheek off. When I work with others and I see this on track, it almost always has the same result: head in the cockpit and holding on too tightly with the hands/arms. It's a compensation pattern. You'll never get your head over and down (and sustain it throughout a full track day) unless you start training for riding like a moto gp racer every day, OR, you get your butt back in the seat further. I recommend option #2. It takes an incredibly strong core to hang more than a cheek off for the duration of a track day without hanging on with the upper body.
shift957 is offline   Reply With Quote