View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #4
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney36952 View Post
I am new to this site and pleased to find an awesome forum for this bike... But I have a very odd issues. Now to show my level of knowledge with bikes I know tools and google, and some what about cars basics and bike basic. So I’m sorry I come off a little ehh (INSERT FACE PALM). anyways my issue is that every-time i put the bike in gear throttle it and then use just the rear brake the bikes tends to die out. The wheel stop's like it should, but the engine just stalls out. The bike is jacked up wheels off the ground so I can’t see if it’s a normal thing just because it's jacked up? I’m not sure and I can’t run the engine and set the bike off the ground to see. Cause of other issues atm. I just want to know if I should be worried or not.
You might have the side stand down and if so the engine will shut down when you release the clutch. It's a safety feature to prevent you riding off with the side stand down (something I'm famous for). I also recommend that when you get both wheels on the ground you have both feet there also. Use your front brake until you are under way. As a newbie, don't be afraid of the front brake. It provides in excess of 70% of your stopping power. I've purchased used bikes where the rear brake is 1/2 worn out and the front pads are like new. Force yourself to use both the front and rear brake simultaneously. Practice this and it could save your life.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote