View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Caoboy
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Hi All!

Hello there, just joined.
Got my M1 license about 2 years ago, and finally picked up a bike. Came across a craigslist steal of a deal a couple weeks ago, 2007 Ninja 250, 2410 miles, $975! I swooped on it and have put on about 80 miles so far.

Did an oil change yesterday, plan on changing the coolant out sometime this week. Has new tires on it already (previous owner changed them when he picked up the bike with 1500 miles, due to the age of the original rubber) and my next mods/maintenance will be SS brake lines and a lot of riding. Maybe some carb cleaning/adjusting/jetting (the jetting will definitely need to be done later...)

I plan on doing something about the front headlight, as it's horrible, currently looking into that. If there are any good links to some sort of better output options (DIY projector retrofit, aftermarket headlight ((can't find anything like this so far!)) or perhaps a fairing/headlight conversion, I would appreciate it!

Lastly, I plan to fabricate a new exhaust. I really hate the dual exhaust look...IT'S SO 80s! I'm a tig welder by trade so I'd really like to do a 2-1 header and exhaust muffler, and end up with something like the Muzzy version (which I've found is discontinued and apparently nobody makes aftermarket exhausts like that for this generation anymore )

Enough rambling...off to more searching!
Caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote