View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Iotobe
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

Troubleshooting a lean running Ninja

Hello Ninjettes! I recently purchased a 2007 ninja 250 from a seller on Craigslist (who happened to be a friend of my brother). He was made out to be very trustworthy, so I bought the bike (at a good price too).

I came to find that it has some problems (like most old bikes). He made some questionable modifications as well. The bike runs lean and takes ages to warm up and stalls at every stop for the first 10 min of riding. When I blip the throttle the prms hang for a while too. When I use the choke, it revs way up to 8k. The first thing I did was clean the carbs and jets, but it still ran lean. I also adjusted the fuel/air mixture screws which helped a bit. I checked the air box and found that he made a modification to it. He replaced the stock filter with one of those drop in K&N filters that clap the the intake holes on the clamp. My guess is he didn't know to rejet it and that's the root of the problem? I just bought new stock replacement parts for it. Am I on the right track? Does anyone else have any thoughts on what could be making it run like this? Thanks in advance!!
Iotobe is offline   Reply With Quote