View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2021, 11:18 PM   #212
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well I got the new master cylinder on but I don't like the hose clamp going to the resivour on the bottom end it's making the hose wrinkle slightly as it's tightened so I'll get a tiny hose clamp or two... sense it's not under pressure it could probably do fine with no hose clamps at all... but I'll put some on it so it can't come off .
I ordered a rebuild kit for the rear caliper guys ! so I'll do a rebuild on the rear caliper when the parts arrive.
with that done there will be no need to use the alcohol to clean it out as I will have done all the cleaning necessary already as the only thing Not new is the 2 brake lines in the rear.... and those are clean already...
the reservoir is new the line from the reservoir to the master cylinder is new the master cylinder is new and the line from the master cylinder to the caliper is already cleaned
and I will rebuild/clean the rear caliper soon.... so it is getting closer to being done.
i'll probably put the rear wheel back on tomorrow ( it's still leaning against the lathe !)
then it will be time to get it out of the shop and get the Ninja in there !
i have 3 things I want to do to the Ninja....
1. adjust the valves ( I have the shims and good calipers now.)
2. clean the carburetors.
3. put on the back luggage rack i got for it about 3 months ago ! LOL...
later all
Bob.......