View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2021, 09:46 AM   #216
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah... but it get's hotter there in the summer than anywhere else on the planet ! ...too hot for me anyway... I grew up in the Redding area from 5yrs old to 19 years old or so and moved back to the ranch several times after that.
Shasta county however is managed extremely POORLY now they've raised building permits to where only the extremely rich can afford to build and tax the heck out of everyone for county taxes .... and what do they do with all that money ? they put palm trees in the center of the road so it looks nice ! there's got to be 100 trees they put in and you know that the cost of just one palm tree has got to be over $50k each.... so what do they do to get that money ?
they tell the residents that you are in violation of the new county code and unless you pay $25,000 to us we will take your property and re sell it.
... that is why I left there, those thieves deserve a natural disaster if anyone ever did !
Shasta County has the "we will help you weather you need it or not" syndrome.... and it's gotten worse over the years... move in there at your peril ! they want everything to look like down town with curbs ,sidewalks and mowed lawns.... and a Ranch does not fit into their vision !
so they will take it away from you if you give them long enough....
we didn't, we sold first !
their the typical Big fish in a little pond.... not a place you want to be!
it should be criminal for anyone to force their views upon someone else yet that is what we have in America ... everyone trying to do just that !
... it's no longer a live and let live idea.... it's lets force them to live the way we want them too....
anyway.....
I'm going to try and get the back tire on the triumph today....
although it will be a bit later today there is a heavy frost on the ground right now !.... Brrrrrrr !.
Bob......