View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:11 PM   #1
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

It was only a matter of time before I went down...

On my knee that is!!!! I finally drug a knee. After some quick coaching from a very generous fellow up at the Gap today, I got up the nerve, and the speed to get her all the way down. It's a pretty intense feeling. Your head is right next to the pavement. So cool. Spent 7 hours up there today going back and forth as well as meeting new folks. I had many comments on my riding, and even more on the bike. 3 people swore they were going to get a new Ninja 250 as their first bike. One girl up there even had a pink pregen.

In some ways it was harder to get down than I thought, in other ways not so much. I was doing everything right except how I held the handlebars. Apparently, you hold them like you would a screwdriver, or pool stick. You don't hold them like a baseball bat. With that tip I got my right knee down twice. By the time I did it the first time I was so tired and in so much pain I scaled back my riding so I could make it home safely.

Kkim, no complaints about dragging hard parts. My bike did a good job today. Several guys on 600's were staying with me but not wanting to pass. With the 250 I can go in anywhere from 10-20 mph faster and carry the corner speed where as the big boys have to rely on their power to pull out of the turn.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote