View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2022, 10:30 PM   #51
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

No, it has a tach, just not the round kind with the swinging needle It has a digital readout and a bar-style tach. Both are fine, but not what I'm used to. It does have a staged shift-light that I like. I have the yellow shift light set to 10k and the red light set to flash at 12.5k (or somewhere there abouts, I can't remember, whatever the redline is on the stock gauge is what I set it to).
I got out today, actually. I met up with my riding partner this afternoon and did the same route I did Monday, but it was pretty warm today so I really got to put the bike through its paces. It did fantastically well; I ran 28/32psi f/r on the tires, and preload on the rear shock is on the 3rd from the bottom. The bike is much more planted than it was Monday, although I can still tell the front end is a little abrupt. I'm using a fair amount of travel though, so I don't think I'll mess with it just yet. I also installed a 15t front sprocket last night and it seems to be in the sweet spot more now. My buddy was following and he said the engine sounded great. I just kept it right around 9-10k and the power was right there. It really turns in great, and handles the tight stuff wonderfully. It's not too much fun above 70mph; those little 16" wheels feel small at those speeds. I'm glad to have my SV for any rides further than DeLuz. Overall it was a real blast though, and I think it's the best tool for those roads.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.