View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 03:28 PM   #36
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

"RaceTech single-rate spring starts out too stiff compared to stock. That's probably why you've got way too much preload and zero sag with it installed.

I say get 300-lb/in 10" spring and be done with it! All this messing around without quantitative data wastes lots of time & money."

there is no preload with the stock spring and there is no preload with the racetech spring both are too stiff ! the weight of the bike hits the spring and stops dead...
there is no sag at all so far, it's like sitting on a park bench no flex at all when you get on it even with the pressure reduced in the shock itself I thought that might have allowed it to flex but no, it didn't....it was worth a try....
CSC says the only spring they carry is the stock one... they pointed me to "Cogent" for a solution.... ( like I have $850 for a shock for a $5000 bike!)
I guess the only thing I can do is keep buying springs of lower and lower value till i find one that actually makes the ride softer.... stupid way to do things but that is what I am left with !
Bob......