View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 03:54 PM   #38
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL Well Peter Y. was surprised at the money I sent him by Zelle
for the postage on the springs... I sent him $60 bucks I told him those springs are worth that to me.... they should be here next friday I think...USPS.
....hard to say what I will get ,I bought a "Pig in a Poke" HAHAHAH
but he said he threw in the spring from his RX3 which is a 250cc and lighter bike so I am hoping it will work on the RX4 !
Yah Duel rate spring or pregressive rate I don't know which....
I am thinking of attaching my mini dash cam that I got to the bottom of the saddle bag and take a movie of the rear tire in action and see if that stupid swing arm does actually move with the stock spring in it ...I bet you dollars to donuts it doesn't !
My XR650L I had was really tall and sprung really tight but it was liveable
it was hard riding as well but nothing as hard as this RX4....
i find it extremely ODD that this bike is so hard !
there was a few guys on the china riders forum that also complained about the ride 3 of them out of about 8 or so owners one modified the seat...extensively then sold the bike a few months later...(wanted more power) another paid Cogent an hefty amount for a whole new custom made shock that he had to get the spring for.... and the other guy said yah it rides hard but I'll live with it I don't go off road much...
.... and I wouldn't have gotten 120 miles on this bike without lowering the air pressure in the rear to 28 p.s.i. that made it almost rideable
.... but now I am tackling the problem... i want to do it right... with sag adjustment and all that....
I'll keep ya informed of my progress or lack there of LOL
Bob.......