View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2022, 07:47 AM   #32
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Anthony has a real good idea there ! I know electronic stores used to carry a pressurized can of FREEZE decades ago for trouble shooting electronics
that might cool the socket enough so it contracts enough to get it out...
.... the lean issue is no doubt carburetor's or a vacuum leak
and it is very possible the carbs have interchanged parts in them and their not supposed to be ! i would study them very closely and see if i could find the culprit !
....it'a a stupid arrangement to have a spark plug down deep in a hole in the first place... you can't get to it no matter what you do.... and serious problems will crop up with an arrangement like that.... like this one !
the only way I can see to get the socket out of the hole is grab on to it ( somehow) and pull it straight out..... it's the grabbing onto it while it's in the hole that is near impossible though.....i think a strong hook on the end of a rod is the best bet for that.... but if the JB weld dripped down along side the socket while it dried the other night.... it may well be glued in there and impossible to get out now.... Acetone may dissolve the JB weld but I am not sure.... it should.
this is a big puzzle ! tapping threads in the end of the socket may be the only way to get it out. and that won't be easy taping threads in a square hole
the hole will have to be drilled out and then tapped then a bolt threaded in and then the thing can be hammered out....
not an easy task..... good luck !
Bob......